Joyful Singing, Healing Sound
New Forest Autumn Retreat
at The Minstead Centre in the heart of the New Forest
Friday 17th - Sunday 19th November
Harmony Singing, Sound Healing, & Meditation in Stunning Nature
with Delicious Plant-Based Fare & Great Company
for Inspiration, Fun & Well-Being!
You are invited to a fun, nourishing and relaxing weekend retreat in the New Forest, singing inspirational harmony songs from around the world, relaxing with gentle sound healing, and boosting your well-being and sense of connection to yourself, to others, and to nature!
* Restore mind, body & soul in the tranquil New Forest
* Relax with singing, sound baths, meditation, and mantras
* Immerse yourself in the beauty of forest walks
* Be nourished by delicious wholesome foods
* Enjoy great company!
* No previous experience is necessary for our workshop sessions
We will have two workshop sessions a day, each one designed to enhance your well-being, and nourish your mind, body and soul.
You will have the opportunity to relax, recharge and immerse yourself in pristine nature, surrounded by ancient woodlands, streams, and meadows.
There will be free time in the afternoon for walking in the gardens or the forest or just relaxing with like minded others.
We will have exclusive use of the site including gardens, workshop space, kitchens, the house, and dormitories.
The Minstead Center is set in 7 acres of beautiful gardens, in the heart of the New Forest.
For accommodation options scroll down.
Our main workshop space is rather like a huge wooden tree house! It is very comfortable, with underfloor heating and a very efficient wood-burner, if needed, making for a cosy space for our singing and sound-bathing sessions. The dormitories are also part of this lovely and unique space.
Supper on Friday evening, and lunch on Saturday and Sunday will be delicious plant-based fare, using local and organic produce, including some from the vegetable garden.
On Saturday evening supper will be at the lovely local village pub. The cost for this is not included in the fee.
You are also welcome to bring your own supper to have at the center.
Nestled amongst the gardens are various stone circles and a newly refurbished roundhouse, based on an Iron Age home. It is made from local clay, rope, straw and wood. It has no door, and a fire inside, ready to be lit for evening storytelling and singing if desired!
Our singing sessions will include gorgeous harmony songs from around the world, including African, Gospel, Native American and Jazz. We will also have deeply relaxing sound baths with Tibetan singing bowls, and other sacred sound instruments, and mantra singing, in the cosy "beanbag" room, which has a wood burner for colder weather.
Autumn Retreat Friday 17 - Sunday 19 November 2023
- Arrival time is 4pm on Friday 17th November.
- Departure is 4pm on Sunday 19th November
£375 on-site residential
£345 non-residential, including all workshop sessions, teas and coffees, supper on Friday, lunch on Saturday and Sunday, breakfasts if staying on-site, and basic dormitory accommodation if required.
For other accommodation options please see Air BnB links below.
There are three options:
1.Two spacious basic dormitories on-site, with 9 sets of bunk beds in each, and shower rooms.
2. Four en-suite twin rooms on site. If used for single occupancy the cost will be £40 per night. If used as a twin, it will be £20 per person per night. First come first served!
3. There is a variety of Air BnB options available, from Glamping to Shepherd's Huts, to cute cottage BnB's, from £45 per night upwards.
See below for links to a couple of examples.
This option is not included in the fee, and you will need to book it and arrange payment yourself. It is advisable to book ASAP to avoid disappointment! I can help find suitable Air BnB if necessary.
Camping on-site is also possible!
1. Foxlease in Lyndhurst: A fabulous stately home that was gifted to the Girl Guides. The historic main house offers single en-suite BnB rooms at £45 per night.
2. A cute self-contained annex in Ashurst, a village just ten mins drive from the retreat venue. £75 per night.
The programme offers everything that I (now) love including singing, harmonising, chanting, sharing, writing and the wonderful visual medicine (painting sessions!) All seamlessly directed by Sarah leaving us all wanting more!
- Helen B